What should I eat while training?
This question worries every amateur athlete who wants to get in shape. Without proper nutrition the effect of training will be much lower – this will be confirmed by any person close to the sport.
Developing a nutrition regimen
Food is fuel for the body. When you eat, you get a portion of proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and micronutrients necessary for normal activity.
Proper nutrition is the key to success, both for those who want to build muscle mass and for those whose goal is to lose weight. It is a well-composed diet that helps to achieve the goal in the shortest possible time.
To begin with it is necessary to determine the purpose of training. If you want to pump up, the protein diet will suit you, and if you want to lose weight – low-calorie versions of diets. It is necessary to adjust yourself to the idea that now you can not eat everything at any time of the day. One of the basic principles of good nutrition is to eat regularly at the same time.
It is best to take food in small portions. The meals should be balanced. It is recommended to eat complex carbohydrates and proteins for breakfast in order to have energy for the rest of the day.
Regardless of the purpose of exercise, proper nutrition serves the following functions:
- Normalizes metabolism;
- Brings blood sugar and cholesterol levels back to normal;
- Eliminates body fat;
- Strengthens the muscular corset;
- Increases strength and endurance.
Make a schedule with meal times and try to follow it strictly. The interval between meals should be 2-3 hours, so you can control hunger and not overeat at the same time.
It is allowed to arrange a discharge day. During them you can include in your diet your favorite “forbidden” products. However, do not overdo it. Do not organize such holidays for your stomach more often than once every ten days.
The principles of nutrition
Let us consider the basic principles of nutrition for people who are engaged in sports and get physical activity. Following these principles will keep your body safe and help it get the most out of each workout.
- Don’t neglect eating. Training on an empty stomach is contraindicated. During a workout, your body expends a tremendous amount of energy, which needs to be replenished with something. If you do not eat lunch before a workout, you will feel tired, dizzy and exhausted;
- Do not overeat, and also do not snack in a hurry. Overeating threatens gastrointestinal problems and is detrimental to the digestive system. During weight loss you can drink a glass of water when you feel hungry – this will help for a while;
- Chew your food thoroughly. This will help your digestive system digest and absorb food faster;
- Don’t eat unless you are hungry. Try to stick to a well-planned diet;
- While eating, don’t be distracted by television and conversation. Concentrate entirely on your food;
- Control the number of calories in your diet. There are special mobile apps and web services for this purpose;
- When drawing up a menu, ask a trainer or a nutritionist, he will help you pick a competent diet based on your goals.
To summarize, we would like to say that everything depends on the person himself, his motivation and desire. If you follow all the recommendations on dieting and exercise regularly, as well as exclude unhealthy foods from your diet, then the results will not make you wait long.