It starts to heat up, and so do the salads! Now, if you don’t know how to deal with them, you may have a couple of bad moments.
We all sometimes store hot things in the trash or leave them next to green leaves, only to get an unpleasant result after a few hours or a few hours …
In any case, in this post, we hope that you will avoid bias and make it easier to achieve your biggest physical goals with these 10 tips on how to prepare and bring fitness salads!
If you’re running out of time, we’ll put together this little reference guide so you can quickly see which tips you’re most interested in (apart from each other, we didn’t see the need for a summary of the end of this Post!)
Tip №1: Drying is just as important as washing!
Washing ingredients is already a habit that you probably have. Few people see dirt in salads and eat them the same way … The most common problem is drying. Not many people take this step with the same seriousness, but … they should …
If you do not dry the ingredients well, they will spoil the texture of the salad. Especially if you cook them and leave them to eat a few hours later.
In addition, it will be more difficult for you to prepare a salad that is too wet. Water and fat do not get along well. If your products contain oils or other fats, saving these salads will be an almost impossible task …
The most recommended way to dry green leaves is to use a vegetable dryer. If you don’t have one, you can also:
- Put napkins or sheets of paper on the table, lay the green leaves and wrap them up until dry.
- Use a clean pillowcase, even if it doesn’t do a very good job. Especially if you cook a lot of greens.
- A clean, dry towel, such as napkins or pillowcases, can also help.
- Use a strainer and, ideally, a fan, or leave it near the air stream to speed up drying.
Tip № 2: Fresh ingredients 24/7!
It’s time to admit it. A good salad is as good as its ingredients! You can know a lot and combine the perfect ingredients in a ready-made combination to give your taste delicious … If your ingredients are not in the best condition or even vice versa, your salad will come down to what they do. ..
To avoid the misery and desolation that your salads may experience, we’ll look at two key steps.
Step №1: Choose the ingredients!
As simple as it sounds. If you choose the ingredients from the beginning, you will start cooking the salad with your right foot. Remember, your salad doesn’t start with the kitchen, but with the choice of ingredients!
Over time, I’ve learned some tricks to distinguish between which ingredients are the best and freshest and which are not.
There are a thousand ways to find out, but my best bet is to contact the seller directly. It seems too simple, but few know and honestly, 99% of them know more about vegetables and herbs than the average customer.
Apart from this simple advice, asking the greengrocer or manager directly if you are in a supermarket, we recommend avoiding:
- Buy them upon request from strangers. If you are unable to verify the status, you will trust the good faith and judgment of whoever collects the request.
- Buy in large quantities without checking them. When you buy in large quantities it increases the chances that some ingredients are not as fresh as they should be. Testing them can make all the difference.
- Always buy from different locations. Trust is much better than buying ingredients from multiple places you don’t know. This will only increase the likelihood that whoever sells you will not understand how much you want your salads to be good and fresh!
Step № 2: Store the ingredients!
That’s right. You may have the freshest ingredients on planet Earth, but if you don’t … Oh yes, misfortune and devastation befalls your poor salads again!
Proper storage of food is a science, but to keep it simple, we have a couple of tips:
- Using the fridge and freezer is key! … We will introduce ourselves in more detail on this topic later, but first we recommend:
– Use whole bags and containers, especially for the freezer. Otherwise the food can burn and spoil more easily.
– meat usually lasts 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator and 4 to 6 months in the freezer 1 .
– for any fresh produce, the more processed or sliced, the less they will last. Examples: minced meat, stepped avocado, spinach, etc.
– Foods such as tomatoes, milk, cream cheese, eggs spoil when frying. If in doubt, check before frying.
- Wrap paper or bag, fruits and vegetables that you want to ripen faster. The paper or bag traps the ethylene gas they release and accelerates its maturation 2 .
- Always pay attention to the expiration date. If your vegetables look good, they can create harmful bacteria without your knowledge.
- Beware of keeping rotten fruits or leaves. You already know the famous saying about rotten apples. This applies not only to apples, but also to other fruits and leaves. If you store and do not discard the rotten ones, they will speed up the process of decomposition of the rest.
- Store washed green leaves on sheets or paper towels to absorb excess moisture and retain better.
Tip № 3: I learned more about YOUR ingredients
You don’t need to know everything about all meals. It is important that you learn what is needed about the ingredients you would like to use in your salads.
For example, it can help you know that ingredients like strawberries or kiwi lose many of their benefits when sliced. This is because they have a lot of vitamin C, and when it comes into contact with oxygen, it begins to oxidize.
If you eat a lot of nuts, it’s helpful to know how to store them. Sealed glass jars, freezer, and generally are usually one of the best ways to preserve them. If you break them, you expose them to heat, light and oxygen, they will deteriorate faster. Its fats will quickly oxidize, they will lose their nutritional value, and they will be harmful to you in the long term 3 .
If you like salads with flavors, cream cheeses and yoghurts, guess what … you’ll have to find out about them! Among other things, it’s not good that they catch cold or get too hot.
Either way, learning a little about YOUR ingredients can do a lot for your salads! Not only on a new level, but also make them richer and healthier!
Tip № 4: The fourth and smartest season
Sometimes, in order to do something right, you have to … do it right! How it should have been! Fragrance is no exception.
No matter how fresh your salads are, if the flavor is wrong, you can ruin everything, one more time!
This is why we’re going to give you some tips that might come in handy when it comes to seasoning cheto and smartly for your salads:
- Be careful with liquids. Especially if you are taking salads back and forth, this can be a serious problem. If you don’t trust your containers, it is best to carry separately the liquids you intend to use for flavoring. Be it lemon juice, soy sauce, vinegar, etc. Ideally they should flavor your salads, not your bags and backpacks …
- Season before drinking. If you keep the already flavored salad, you risk … Why? You dare ask me about … Well, because the acidic and salty content of many flavors can cause your vegetables to decompose and / or lose their texture.
- Season 1 – liquid or non-stick spray. Why? Because this way you can add the rest of the dry seasonings and they will stick to the vegetables. Otherwise, they may fall to the bottom of the salad and require you to mix thoroughly to turn the tide.
- You can also add liquid flavor to the sides of the salad and then stir. It will be much easier than stirring the lettuce completely to season it evenly.
- If you are going to use previously cooked meat or vegetables, remember to season them when cooking. This way, you can add extra flavor to your salads. instead of almost the same taste as the seasonings you used at the end.
Tip № 5: I have good sandals
Some people don’t believe me when I say that this advice can be life or death. They don’t believe me until a badly sealed fish salad opens in your favorite backpack in the summer. Dress, life or death.
Question! There are a few things to keep in mind about your salad bowls. The most important are:
Locking and safe materials
Apart from the rest of the bin doing its job, if completion fails, everything else doesn’t count. To do this, search for barrels with lids that are tightly closed and waterproof.
With regard to materials, several characteristics can be listed. Of the most important, they may be:
- Plastics that do not break easily and resist temperature changes.
- Food coloring resistant materials. It’s the same with smells.
- BPA is free. BPA or bisphenol A is an organic compound found in many plastics that is 4 harmful to the body.
Having the right amount of kegs to use that you are going to give them is also very important. Otherwise, you will end up stacking the salads in one barrel or directly, which will eliminate the problem of healthy eating. Everything for a couple of kegs! You can believe it. I don’t know about you, but I’m already beside myself …
Advice on this topic. If you can, buy all the tapers of the same brand. They are usually designed to be “stacked” / stowed away, making it much easier to keep them neat and organized. Otherwise, you will have to deal with several kegs that cannot be folded in an intricate way and you will waste a lot of space. Also, if you weigh your meals, it’s easier as they usually weigh the same and it’s easier to remember the weight of one bin that serves you for everything.
Dimensions are also key here. What salads do you cook yourself? Simply, will your salads fill the stomach of a rabbit, chimpanzee or dinosaur? Depending on your answers, you will have to choose the size of your kegs. I don’t think I need to tell you what happens if you make a mistake at this stage … Well … just in case … they won’t enter you.
Also note that you can buy large barrels to store your washed vegetables. Some even have compartments in the bases so that any excess water is not in direct contact with the vegetables. In addition, the lids can have holes for perfect ventilation of vegetables and keep them fresh longer. Mmmm, like the wind blowing your face cold in the style of the Red Hots Scar Tissue video. .. Anyway … Next tip for your salads!
Tip № 6: The Hot Food Disaster!
I guess this is the easiest piece of advice to follow. Not to mention how it might help!
It is important to avoid storing hot food in closed containers. Even one hot ingredient can moisturize and ruin leftover food.
Before preparing and storing salads, be sure to pre-chill the ingredients. It doesn’t have much in common. Next tip!
Tip № 7: Be careful with very wet ingredients (please dry them first!)
There are some ingredients that you can easily find in your favorite salads that can … complicate this … These ingredients are naturally moist.
Especially if you intend to store the salad for several hours, this can make it wet and lose texture. As they say in English, to become a “raw mess”.
Anyway, when you get ready, you can go 2 routes. On the one hand, dry them, and on the other, take them separately and add them just before meals. The solution is in your hands Neo …
Some of these ingredients could be:
- Grapefruits and oranges.
You can dry them:
- Add some salt and put them on pieces on sheets of paper or napkins.
- It can also help you preheat them in the oven or in the microwave for a few seconds.
- At the same time, there are dehydrators that are good … there are not many indications other than following the directions of the dehydrator …
Tip № 8: Less Choices, More Reps
Well, here you have to find a balance between favoritism and ease of preparation / receipt.
Ideally, you can eat what you like every day, so that it doesn’t take long for you to cook. If you repeat these salads or dishes often, it will go away to make it much easier to prepare them. Here are some of the benefits of this approach:
- You can buy a lot of several ingredients that save you time and mental energy.
- You will eat foods you like every day. They may not be as overwhelming as Norwegian Salmon with Sweet Potatoes, Chili Chili and Mediterranean Cream, but you will love them anyway.
- When making them, you can easily cook them right away as all you have to do is multiply the ingredients.
- If you have your hand over the condiments, you can vary their flavors a lot, even if the base ingredients are the same. This is obvious without adding calories or altering macronutrient ratios.
Anyway, can you spend a few minutes looking at your favorite combinations to eat almost every day? Finding a twist can make it a lot easier for you if you don’t get out of the blue and reach your goals!
Tip № 9: keep it simple, no one has time for a week
With other tips, we saw this topic indirectly. If you don’t ruin the salad by putting in hot items or a bag due to a poorly closing keg, you will save a lot of time and unnecessary words.
Now, be straightforward, make it easier, no one has time in the week! There will always be things we didn’t plan, and if we complicate it with food, it will be nearly impossible to follow them.
Whenever you can, think about how you can simplify some of the cooking steps. You will not believe that the ideas that start to come to you will come to you. . Examples:
- First step: selection of ingredients. The point is that there are many ingredients that are easier to wash and cook than others. It will never take you so long to wash and chop the kale as with spinach, chard and arugula.
- 2nd step: buy food. You can buy monthly from verified virtual stores, where they even store your order to make it easier to compare prices and reorder them month after month.
- 3rd step: peel vegetables. In the rinse only program, you can use the dishwasher + a few drops of vinegar and veil. After 15 minutes, he peels vegetables for you. I do not recommend it for pumpkins, potatoes or other vegetables that have a lot of soil.
- 4th step: cooking vegetables and ingredients. You can use microwave ovens and multifunctional electric pans. These two are some of my favorites when it comes to making ingredients quickly without being on top and in quantities. If you get along with the oven, it can also be a great ally.
Tip № 10: Cheto Tip to Liven Up Salads
Very good advice to close these CHETA tips.
This will greatly enhance the flavor of your salads, and it’s as easy as … Rub the garlic in the bowl you intend to use!
Even if it doesn’t look like, once you mix them well, it will give it an unmistakable taste! You can also add some lemon, pepper and salt and take your salads to the next level!
A post of tips with a final conclusion? Yes, I also asked myself about this, but that’s all, here we are!
I hope they have served you, I do not know if all but some of these tips will improve your salad game, save you time, and fit into the process.
It was the article “10 basic tips for cooking and eating fitness salads”!
If you have any questions or concerns, please leave us a comment or email us. Also, if you want to recommend us something to improve the quality of the content.
If you are interested in functional training in general, whether in the gym or outdoors, write to us or check out our training programs for the various physical goals you may have.
If you are interested in partying or continue to learn about food, fitness, chet-tips and more, you can subscribe to us on the networks where we are always active and even alive!